Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Patrones 252, #4 Celine Blouse


Another project from Patrones, a Celine blouse. And a really terrible picture of me. I look stoned/greasy and my eyeliner is a little smudged. I promise this was taken after a sewing binge, not a substance binge.

What's slapdash about this project? Mostly the yoke area. I really did try to decipher the Patrones directions, but ultimately could not make heads or tails of them. We'll blame it on the fact that I haven't taken a Spanish class in 15 years. And the fact that that means I am old and not as sharp with the mentalness now.

What I ended up doing, which you can read about on Pattern Review, was to finish the inside edges of the yoke and the placket, and then just sew them together. Four layers of fabric and their seam allowances? Not a really great looking seam. Also, the seam allowance of the four layers of fabric and their seam allowance peek outside a little, as you can see here.



Luckily my sad little wilty bow mostly covers that up.

Also, the hem is uneven (two different lengths at the placket) and I am too lazy to fix it. Yes, I am that lazy.

I am enjoying nit-picking myself. I guess confession is good for the soul.

4 comments:

renee said...

I am liking everything about this blog. It's like the truth commission on sewing. Is Desmond Tutu going to be the moderator?

Hannah said...

Hey,
I've found my way over here from "Diary of a Sewing Fanatic" - love this blog.

Glad there's someone other than me who sews this way! :O

Marji said...

Hey, she's blogging!
Ok, you continue like this, with your confession every project, and you know you'll start cleaning up some of the details.. ;0
And nah, no one needs to muslin every project. I only muslin those where I'm spending $75/yd on fabric, or I'm doing a design/build. And then, well, at $75/yd, it's worth it to me to muslin. Otherwise, I know my fit issues, and what to change. I agree completely on not spending the time. You know what else I don't get: tracing off tissue patterns from the Big4. I understand tracing Patrones and Burda, you have to - but why trace a tissue pattern? Cut it for crying out loud!
Tell me you cut your tissue.

you Are prolific. It's amazing how much you sew.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Ha ha, you KNOW I cut my tissue. I can't understand tracing off a Big 4 either. That's why they put them on sale. If you want to save it for posterity buy two.